Dorian L. Hurley Partner
Dorian Hurley is a partner in the firm’s Washington, DC office. Her practice focuses on mass tort settlements and complex litigation, with substantial experience in the areas of product liability and mass tort actions in state and federal court. Ms. Hurley has broad experience in settlement and litigation, including negotiating and drafting settlement agreements; drafting, negotiating, and complying with discovery requests; preparing and deposing witnesses; working with experts; trial; and preparing for arguments before courts of appeal.
Ms. Hurley also has substantial experience in defending government investigations and enforcement actions involving the US Securities and Exchange Commission and the Department of Justice, as well as in conducting internal investigations. Her experience in this area includes supervising various aspects of internal investigations including coordinating with counsel for individuals, assisting with witness interviews, assisting with multinational compliance efforts, and supervising document collection and review efforts.
Ms. Hurley’s notable matters have included:
- Representing Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc. and American Medical Systems, Inc. in inventory settlements of pelvic mesh product liability actions in a multi-district litigation in federal district court
- Assisting court-appointed Special Master Ellen Reisman in efforts to resolve product liability claims involving pelvic mesh manufactured by another company
- Defense of pharmaceutical clients in product liability litigations in state and federal courts
- Defense of pharmaceutical client in government investigations involving consumer fraud claims and possible off-label promotion
- Served as counsel to pharmaceutical company conducting internal investigation concerning product liability exposure
- Represented a multinational company in an internal investigation concerning the FCPA, including counseling on compliance and internal accounting controls
- Served as counsel for accounting firm in PCAOB investigation
- Represented petitioners in successful challenge to Pennsylvania’s Voter ID Law and obtained permanent injunction
Ms. Hurley has a strong commitment to pro bono work, which has included representation of an individual seeking asylum and serving as counsel in election law matters challenging voter identification laws.
Education and Prior Experience
B.A. 2001, University of Pennsylvania, magna cum laude; J.D. 2008, Georgetown University Law Center, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
Articles and Notes Editor, American Criminal Law Review; Judicial Intern, Judge Reggie B. Walton, United States District Court for the District of Columbia; Law Fellow and Senior Writing Fellow in Georgetown’s Legal Research and Writing Program.
Law Clerk, Judge Paul J. Barbadoro, United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire, 2008-2009.
Associate, Arnold & Porter LLP, 2010-2015 (Washington, D.C.)
Prior to law school, Ms. Hurley worked for the United States Department of State and served as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Jordan.
Ms. Hurley is admitted to the bars of Massachusetts and the District of Columbia.